Wednesday, April 27, 2011

APRIL 16 Taking care of business

Took a final tour around town, including a trip to the post office to send home a parcel with books, papers, etc. collected in my travels over the past few weeks. Postage is definitely pricey in Europe as the counter clerk apologized for what she had to ask me to pay. For example a stamp to send a postcard International is 1.4 Euro or about two Canadian Dollars - for a postcard! I will not be complaining about Canadian postal rates any time soon.
My final tour included one more visit to the church where families were out and about tending to the gravesites, watering and pruning, etc. One last coffee and tort then it was laundry duty and time to pack.
I had another lovely dinner of sesame seed crusted tilapia and crispy fresh white asparagus.  Then it was early to bed as I head out to catch a train in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment